KENESAW BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
April 14, 2015 AT 7:30 P.M.
The Village of Kenesaw Board of Trustees held a regular board meeting on April 14, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Kenesaw Village Office, as was advertised. Board Members present: Sarah Kroos, Ronda Ehly, JR Pulver and Dale Long. Absent: Ashley Augustin. Also present: Keith Heier, Gary Bittfield, Mike Engelhardt, Neel Keiser, Henry Wilson and Cindy Jacobitz. Clerk: Rebekah Long. Maintenance: Jeff Edmondson and Glen Kuehn.
1. Call to Order: Chairman Kroos called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m.
2. Location of the OMAL: Chairman Kroos gave notice of the location of the Open Meetings Act Literature to be on the south wall of the meeting room.
3. Review/Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting March 10, 2015: Moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Long to approve the minutes of the March 10, 2015 meeting as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-absent, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-absent. No opposed. Motion carried.
4. Review/Approve Expenditures of March 2015: Moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Ehly to approve the March 2015 Expenditures as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-absent. No opposed. Motion carried.
5. Review/Approve Treasurer’s Report for March 2015: Moved by Trustee Ehly, second by Trustee Long to approve the March 2015 Treasurer’s Report as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-absent. No opposed. Motion carried.
6. Comments from the Public: None.
7. (was 9) Discuss Developing Property North of Hodge Subdivision: Neel Keiser discussed the primary past projects of Kenesaw Housing, Inc., (Hodge Subdivision) and Kenesaw Community Development Corporation (Senior Apartments, Fitness Center, a spec home and 2 homes that were brought into Hodge Subdivision and yearly scholarships awarded to Kenesaw High School graduates). Mr. Keiser expressed Kenesaw Housing, Inc’s desire to establish more lots north of Hodge Subdivision. He explained that Kenesaw Housing, Inc. would be the developer and would foot all the development costs including any expenses the Village would incur which would be reimbursed. He also explained the process to use Tax Increment Financing (TIF) funds to assist in the costs of the development. Kenesaw Housing, Inc. is requesting the Village create a Community Redevelopment Authority who will then have the property declared to be substandard. He explained this is necessary to use TIF funds. The property would then have to be sold at auction. He stated they have not yet decided on the layout of the potential lots but are thinking there would be room for 9-11 lots. He stated the intent is to use the same covenants that were used in the Hodge Subdivision. Copies of these covenants were provided to the Board.
Trustee Pulver asked if the lots are designed to be purchased by the homeowner who will live there or if it would be possible for a person/company to purchase multiple lots and build multiple homes for resale. Mr. Keiser said he would have to review the purchase agreements to be certain but that he thinks it would be okay as long as the homes are being built within the required time-frame and the plans all meet the requirements of the covenants.
Jeff Edmondson expressed concern regarding water and sewer demands and also drainage issues. He asked if Kenesaw Housing, Inc. would be willing to do a flow study to determine how many more homes the current system can handle. Mr. Keiser said they are willing to do that.
The Board indicated, provided the results of the flow study were favorable and a plan indicating lot size, placement, location of streets, etc. is presented for the Board of Trustees to review, the Board of Trustees would be willing to consider moving forward with establishing a Community Redevelopment Authority and consider having the property declared substandard.
8. Discuss/Approve Interlocal Agreement for Hazmat Mitigation Plan: Chip Volcek discussed the need to update the current All-Hazards Mitigation Plan. After discussion, motion by Trustee Ehly, second by Trustee Pulver approve Resolution #120-2015, a resolution stating the Village of Kenesaw’s willingness to participate in the proposed All-Hazards Mitigation Plan update process. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-absent. No opposed. Motion carried. Mr. Volcek then informed the Board he had received approval from CPI to place the repeater on Hayland and noted that he would send a bill for the $1,800 the Village of Kenesaw had committed to the project.
9. (was 7) Discuss Locking the Recycling Center: Jeff Edmondson informed the Board that we are at risk of losing our metal recycling dumpster. The Village received a phone call from J&M Steel, the company who provides and collects the contents of the metal dumpster as a service for and at no cost to the Village. We were informed that due to the amount of non-metal materials that are being put in the dumpster by residents we are at risk of the dumpster being removed from Kenesaw. Jeff explained that J&M has had to pay the fees to properly dispose of the non-metal items such as TVs, furniture, carpet, etc. Jeff proposed purchasing cameras so we can monitor who is improperly using the dumpster and pursue corrective measures. They also discussed hiring someone to lock the recycling area in the evenings. After discussion, it was decided to have Jeff look into pricing for cameras. Jeff will also pursue finding a couple people to assist in locking properties on a daily basis.
10. Discuss Property Located at 203 N. Brooks Avenue: Rebekah Long discussed a resident’s desire to place a trailer on the lot he purchased at 203 N. Brooks Avenue. She noted for the Board that the lot previously had a trailer on it but according to Ordinance #10-402(a) & (b) trailers must be located in a designated trailer park and if a trailer is located on an individual lot it can remain but once it is removed the exception is terminated and the lot must be used in accordance with Zoning Regulations. After discussion it was decided to talk more with the property owner and with Judy Mignery.
11. Unfinished Business: None
12. Adjournment: Motion by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Ehly at 9:12 p.m. No opposed. Motion carried. Next meeting is scheduled for May 12, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.