KENESAW BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
January 12, 2016 AT 7:30 P.M.
The Village of Kenesaw Board of Trustees held a regular board meeting on January 12, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Kenesaw Village Office, as was advertised. Board Members present: Ronda Ehly, Sarah Kroos, JR Pulver, Ashley Augustin and Dale Long. Also present: Jeff Palik, Trish Jensen, Henry Wilson and Judy Mignery. Clerk: Rebekah Long. Maintenance: Jeff Edmondson and Glen Kuehn.
1. Call to Order: Chairman Kroos called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m.
2. Location of the OMAL: Chairman Kroos gave notice of the location of the Open Meetings Act Literature to be on the south wall of the meeting room.
3. Review/Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting December 8, 2015: Moved by Trustee Ehly, second by Trustee Pulver to approve the minutes of the December 8, 2015 meeting with noted corrections. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
4. Review/Approve Expenditures of December 2015: Moved by Trustee Augustin, second by Trustee Ehly to approve the December 2015 Expenditures as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
5. Review/Approve Treasurer’s Report for December 2015: Moved by Trustee Ehly, second by Trustee Pulver to approve the December 2015 Treasurer’s Report as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
6. Comments from the Public: None.
7. Discuss/Approve Winslow Jensen Subdivision: Judy Mignery, Adams County Planning and Zoning, presented information regarding a proposed subdivision on the property described as a tract in the SE ¼ Section 34-T8N-R12W. After discussion, moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Ehly to approve the subdivision application from Trish Jensen and Sheila Winslow. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
8. Discuss Water Meter Plans and Specifications/Authorization to Advertise: Jeff Palik, Olsson Associates, discussed the plans and specs of the water meter project. He shared with the Board the process in doing preliminary determinations regarding whether a residences will require a meter in a pit or a meter in a basement. He also said that at this time it appears the Village will have more pits in basements than in pits. Mr. Palik also stated the would like to do a mass mailing to let people know what time of meter they are supposed to be getting in case they would prefer one style rather than another.
9. Discuss 1 & 6 Year Plan: Jeff Palik, Olsson Associates, reviewed the projects on the 2015 1 & 6 year plan with the Board and discussed the projects slated for 2016. He indicated he would be back for the Public Hearing on February 9, 2016 to finalize and approve the 2016 1 & 6 Year plan.
10. Discuss Concerned Citizen Complaint: Clerk Rebekah Long discussed complaints she has received from several citizens regarding the numerous amount of pallets being piled up behind a trailer located in Luft trailer court as well as the pallets being burned in a barrel on the deck of the trailer. The Board directed the clerk to send a letter to the resident indicating the ordinance violations and instructing the pallets be removed.
11. Discuss Concerned Citizen Complaint: Clerk Long discussed complaints received regarding residents who have placed stakes in the Village Right-of-Way. Due to the complications involved with the properties, Trustee Pulver and Trustee Ehly offered to talk to the property owners in an effort to find a resolution.
12. Unfinished Business:
A) Sale of Loader – Clerk Long is to check with Shon Lieske on what is required to sell the loader and bring all required paperwork to the February Regular Board meeting.
13. Adjournment: Motion by Trustee Augustine, second by Trustee Pulver at 8:46 p.m. No opposed. Motion carried. Next meeting is scheduled for February 9, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.