KENESAW BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
March 8, 2016 AT 7:30 P.M.
The Village of Kenesaw Board of Trustees held a regular board meeting on March 8, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Kenesaw Village Office, as was advertised. Board Members present: Sarah Kroos, JR Pulver, Ashley Augustin and Dale Long. Absent: Ronda Ehly. Also present: Jeff Palik and Henry Wilson. Clerk: Rebekah Long. Maintenance: Jeff Edmondson.
1. Call to Order: Chairman Kroos called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m.
2. Location of the OMAL: Chairman Kroos gave notice of the location of the Open Meetings Act Literature to be on the south wall of the meeting room.
3. Review/Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting February 9, 2016: Moved by Trustee Augustin, second by Trustee Pulver to approve the minutes of the February 9, 2016. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-absent, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
4. Review/Approve Expenditures of February 2016: Moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Long to approve the February 2016 Expenditures as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-absent, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
5. Review/Approve Treasurer’s Report for February 2016: Moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Augustin to approve the February 2016 Treasurer’s Report as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-absent, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
6. Comments from the Public: None.
7. Review/Approve Opening of Loader Bids: No bids were received. Clerk Long to run the advertisement again and put the item on the April 12, 2016 agenda.
8. Review/Approve Water Meter Bids: Jeff Palik explained the bids received and opened on Friday, March 4, 2016. Van Kirk Bros Contracting had the low bid of $689,596.75. Jeff Palik discussed the differences in some of the pricing that caused the differences between the bids and the original estimate. He then suggested changes that could be made to make the cost of the project more equitable. After discussion, it was moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Augustin to award the base bid for the water meter project in Kenesaw to Van Kirk Bros Contracting in the sum of $689,596.75 and to not award the Additive Alternate bid to any company. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-absent, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
9. Review New Overhead and Underground Charter Cable Lines: Clerk Rebekah Long told the Board Charter Communications was preparing to upgrade the lines and equipment servicing Kenesaw. Most of the new lines would be overhead with some being placed underground. Trustee Pulver asked if Charter had been informed of the requirement everything be placed at least 6’ underground. The Clerk indicated they had been informed and had no issues.
10. Review/Approve Franchise Agreement with Charter Communications: Tabled to allow time for Village Attorney Shon Lieske to review.
11. Review Employee Timecards and Vacation Hours: Chairman Kroos stated the Board had wanted to do an annual review of timecards and vacation use rather than doing it monthly as had been done in the past. Upon review of the information provided, she asked that all staff take regular full hour lunches unless Village work interferes and that the Chairman or Vice Chairman be notified when any staff is taking PTO time so the Trustees know what resources are available.
12. Unfinished Business:
a. Fireman’s Appreciation Dinner – Dinner to be held March 19, 2016 with meal to be served by the Trustees.
b. Repairs to Baseball Field – Jeff Edmondson discussed doing some dirt work to improve the drainage at the baseball field.
13. Adjournment: Motion by Trustee Augustin, second by Trustee Pulver at 8:41 p.m. No opposed. Motion carried. Next meeting is scheduled for April 12, 2016 at 7:30 p.m