KENESAW BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
October 13, 2015 AT 7:30 P.M.
The Village of Kenesaw Board of Trustees held a regular board meeting on October 13, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Kenesaw Village Office, as was advertised. Board Members present: Sarah Kroos, Ronda Ehly, JR Pulver, Ashley Augustin and Dale Long. Absent: None. Also present: Jeff Palik, Chip Volcek, and Henry Wilson. Clerk: Rebekah Long. Utilities and Maintenance: Jeff Edmondson.
1. Call to Order: Chairman Kroos called the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
2. Location of the OMAL: Chairman Kroos gave notice of the location of the Open Meetings Act Literature to be on the south wall of the meeting room.
3. Review/Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting September 8, 2015: Moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Augustin to approve the minutes of the September 8, 2015 meeting. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
4. Review/Approve Expenditures of September 2015: Moved by Trustee Augustin, second by Trustee Pulver to approve the September 2015 Expenditures as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
5. Review/Approve Treasurer’s Report for September 2015: Moved by Trustee Ehly, second by Trustee Pulver to approve the September 2015 Treasurer’s Report as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
6. (was #7) Comments from the Public: None.
7. (was #8) Discuss Water Meters: Jeff Palik, Olsson Associates, discussed with the Board the details of a proposed Letter of Agreement for Professional Services from Olsson Associates outlining their scope of services if the Board of Trustees decides to move forward with utilizing water meters. The Trustees discussed holding another open forum meeting to give the residents of Kenesaw an opportunity to share their thoughts, opinions and concerns with the Board.
8. (was #9) Discuss Floodplain Mapping: Jeff Palik reviewed with the Board some of the issues Kenesaw is facing with the floodplain maps. Jeff stated he is looking to see what options the Village has and will be gathering more information. The Board was given the opportunity to look at the preliminary maps recently provided to the Village by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The Clerk told the Board she had confirmed representatives of DNR would be attending the November 10, 2015 regular board meeting to provide more information about their maps. She also said she had also spoken with Krull Agency and Berg Insurance to request they have someone available to assist in answering questions regarding flood insurance. The Trustees discussed the need for a meeting prior to the regular November Board of Trustees meeting to better inform the public about the floodplain mapping situation. After discussion, moved by Trustee Pulver, second by Trustee Long to hold a Special Meeting on October 28, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. to discuss and hear public opinions on moving forward with water meters, to review/approve the Letter of Agreement for Professional Services from Olsson Associates and to discuss floodplain mapping. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
9. (was #6) Review/Approve Interlocal Agreement with Adams County EMS: Chip Volcek, Adams County Emergency Services Manager, discussed the 2015 Interlocal Agreement which was updated from 2001. He shared some of the changes that had been made including departmental title changes, documentation corrections and removal of Trumball from the agreement. After discussion, moved by Trustee Ehly, second by Trustee Long to accept the Interlocal agreement with Adams County Emergency Medical Services as presented. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-yea. No opposed. Motion carried.
10. Discuss Concerned Citizen Complaints Regarding Lot Behind 401 S. Smith Avenue: The Clerk discussed two written complaints that had been submitted to the Village Office showing concern for the equipment remaining on the lot and the overgrowth of the grass on the lot behind 401 S. Smith Avenue. The Clerk noted that letters had been sent regarding the overgrown grass. After discussion, Trustee Pulver offered to speak with the owner.
11. Unfinished Business:
a. Property located at 203 N. Brooks Avenue: Item tabled until the property owner is available to answer questions.
b. Hiring Special Prosecuting Attorney: Item tabled for future meeting.
c. Upgrades and Renting of Northwest Office Space: The Board considered the request and, due to the high cost of the requested renovations and the expected amount for rent, the Trustees do not feel the space should be made available for rent at this time.
d. Changes to Drug Policy: Item tabled for further review.
e. Nuisance Property at 106 N Perkins Avenue: The Board reviewed a bid from Blessing Construction for the demolition and removal of the structures. Jeff Edmondson stated he had contacted another contractor to get another bid but had not received it prior to the meeting. Item tabled for further review.
f. Equipment Update: Loader: Trustee Augustin presented the Board with the results of the oil sample testing. Jeff stated he had spent several hours moving dirt with the loader and found it to be in good condition. After discussion, motion by Trustee Ehly to have differential and transmission testing done and providing the results of those tests are acceptable, to purchase the loader for $20,000. Roll call: Trustee Pulver-yea, Trustee Ehly-yea, Trustee Kroos-yea, Trustee Long-yea, Trustee Augustin-abstains. No opposed. Motion carried.
12. Adjournment: Motion by Trustee Augustin, second by Trustee Pulver to adjourn at 9:45 p.m. No opposed. Motion carried. Next meeting is scheduled for November 10, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.