Kenesaw Public Pool
THE KENESAW POOL IS OPEN!!! Please read the below guidelines:
- CAPACITY: Maximum Patrons – 25% of capacity, excluding staff (this includes all non-swimmer patrons sitting on the deck watching – this is in alignment with Phase II DHM
- HOURS OF OPERATION: Open Swim: 12:30-7:30 p.m. • Private Swimming Lessons: Morning Session- 9 am-12 noon; Evening Session-8-9 p.m. Red Cross swimming lessons will hopefully be scheduled in mid-July.
- POOL PASS/WAIVER: Everyone must purchase a Pool Pass and sign a Liability Waiver at the village office. No passes will be sold at the pool house this year. No daily passes will be sold at this time.
- SEASON PASS COSTS: Individual – $25 (ages 5 & under are free) Family – $70 (immediate household members only living at the same address, with a max of 8 members per family pass) Baby Pool Only – Free (baby pool for ages 3 and under with an accompanying adult of at least 16 years old)
- POOL PASS ELIGIBILITY: If you bought a season pool pass last year, you are eligible to buy one this year. If you live within the Kenesaw School District you are eligible to purchase a new pool pass. No NEW Season pool passes will be sold this year to anyone who lives outside of Kenesaw School District.
- SIGN-IN/SIGN-OUT/RE-ENTRY: ALL patrons will be required to Sign in upon entering the pool facility (this includes all non-swimmers). If you choose to leave the pool facility for ANY reason you will be marked as Signed-Out. If you wish to RE-ENTER the pool facility, you must ask to Sign in again. However, if the pool facility is at capacity, you will be placed at the bottom of the waitlist and allowed to enter when there is room.
- STAFFING: Daily Employee Minimums: 4 guards, 1 manager (2 in the chair, 1 on pool deck duty, 1 in pool/break, 1 manager)
- CLEANING/DISINFECTING: Bathrooms will be cleaned periodically throughout the open swim time. Slide and board will be sanitized once a day with disinfectant. 12:00-12:30 pm facility cleaning after swimming lessons (prior to open swim) 7:30-8:00 pm facility cleaning before swimming lessons (after open swim)
- ON DECK GROUPING: Patrons will be limited in groups of no more than 6 on the pool deck and must be a minimum of 6ft away from the next group. (Phase II DHM)
- FOOD/DRINKS: For the first 2 weeks no snacks will be sold. There will be NO public drinking fountain. You may bring your own water bottles.
- FLOTATION DEVISES: Life jackets will be available but we recommend bringing your own. Kickboards and pool noodles will be available but must stay in the pool at all times
- PARENTS: Please help us keep the pool open by keeping your child home if they are not feeling well.
Due to COVID-19, pool staff will reserve the right to refuse service or send home anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms.
All Guidelines are subject to change.
Call the pool at:
Kenesaw City Park
Kenesaw has a huge green space and playground open to the public right in the middle of town. Our city park has a large playground area suitable for all ages, swing set which includes an infant swing, plus a large sand area with child digging equipment. Playground also has a merry-go-round and shaded benches.
Our park also includes public restrooms and water fountain. There is a also a covered picnic area with tables. There’s a large green space to run around, play your favorite sport, or just lay down a blanket and enjoy the fresh air.
Our City Park is also visited by the Hastings Public Library Bookmobile in the summer. Please view their schedule for the up-to-date information.
The City Park is also the location of the annual Easter Egg Hunt and many activities for the school and Wasenek Weekend.